This is seriously the easiest dinner! I had a lazy day yesterday, yet was still able to eat well. Whenever I see pork tenderloin on sale I stock up and freeze it until needed because pulled pork is such a delicious and such a simple meal. This is a great weeknight meal – just throw the pork in the crockpot and let it cook all day. As for the BBQ sauce, slaw + sweet potatoes buns – whip it up in only 20 minutes before serving!
This recipe is grainless, gluten free, paleo and refined sugar free!
Pulled Pork Sliders with Creamy Slaw
Pulled Pork Ingredients:
- 1 large pork tenderloin
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 tbsp oregano
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 5 tbsp coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp dry ground mustard
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp gluten free Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
Sweet Potato Buns:
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 bag coleslaw mix (or 1/2 head cabbage, chopped + 1 large carrot, grated)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (Click HERE for a simple paleo mayo recipe)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Pinch cane sugar
1. Prepare the pulled pork by combining pork, broth, onion, thyme, oregano salt and pepper in the crockpot. Let cook for 6-8 hours.
2. When the pork has 20-30 minutes left of cook time- Preheat oven to 425F. Slice sweet potato into 1/4″ -1/2″ slices for the buns. Place on a plate and microwave for 2 minutes. Then transfer to a baking sheet, brush potato slices with avocado oil and bake for 12-15 minutes, flipping half way through.
3. To prepare BBQ sauce place a small pot on the stove top. Combine ketchup, water, apple cider vinegar, sugar, onion powder, ground mustard, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Cook on medium heat, bring to a boil. Turn down to medium heat and let simmer for 15 minutes.
3. To prepare the slaw combine coleslaw mix, mayo, apple cider vinegar and sugar. Mix well.
4. When pork is finished cooking, remove from crockpot. Use a fork to pull pork into stringy pieces. Combine with BBQ sauce.
5. Add a heaping spoonful of saucy pulled pork to each sweet potato bun and top with creamy slaw. Serve right away