I’ve always been a fan of shortbread, but eating gluten free limits my options to either making it myself or not having it at all. Don’t feel deprived over the holidays – This recipe is buttery like classic shortbread, the only difference is it’s completely Grainless! This recipe is gluten free, grain free, dairy free, paleo, vegetarian, vegan, soy free and refined sugar free.
Grainless Scottish Shortbread
Yields: 2 dozen
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup vegan butter or regular butter
- 2/3 cup maple syrup or palm sugar
- 2/3 cup tapioca flour
- 2/3 cup arrowroot flour
- 2 ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ tsp pink Himalayan salt
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a mixing bowl combine butter and maple syrup
- In another mixing bowl combine flours and salt.
- Slowly pour liquid bowl into dry bowl. Mixing well until thick dough is formed. (If dough isn’t thick enough add a little more arrowroot flour.)
- Grease an 8” x 8” baking pan. Press dough into the baking pan, then slice dough into 1” x 3” sticks. Carefully remove sticks and place on baking sheet. Prick top of cookies with a fork.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.