- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp butter (melted)
- 1 egg (room temperature ) (or 1 flax egg as a vegan option)
- 4 tbsp water (add an extra tbsp or two if needed)
Marinara Sauce Ingredients:
Find the recipe HERE
- Mozzarella cheese (or nutritional yeast for a dairy free, vegan option- sprinkle on top after cooking)
- Pepperoni, chicken, ham, prosciutto, salami, etc.
- Peppers, onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, spinach, kale, egg plant, etc.
Preheat oven to 425F. Line a pizza pan with parchment paper.
In a large mixing bowl stir in almond flour, tapioca starch, salt, onion powder, then add in melted butter, egg and water. (This dough shouldn’t be runny so only add another tablespoon of water as needed).
Roll dough into a ball. Spread tapioca starch on the flat surface and on ball on dough. Using a rolling pin roll dough over floured surface, adding more tapioca starch on top of dough as needed (I use a lot of extra flour so that the crust doesn’t stick to the rolling pin or flat surface). Roll into pizza crust shape and form crust sides using fingers. (If you don’t have a rolling pin form the crust with your hands).
Bake crust for 15 minutes until it starts turning golden.
Remove from oven, spread sauce over crust and top with cheese + all other toppings.
Bake for an additional 10 minutes until the cheese is fully melted.