This is my far my top cake recipe! This cake is thick, fudgy, rich, has an intense chocolate flavour, and are super easy to make! I wanted this recipe to be just a like “regular” version and that’s exactly what is it – you’d never know it’s grainless! This recipe is gluten free, paleo, vegetarian and refined sugar free.
Grainless Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 1 1/3 cup almond flour
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup cane sugar
- ½ cup ghee or grass-fed butter (1 stick), melted
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (I like the enjoy life brand)
- 2 tbsp ghee or grass-fed butter
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease an 8”x8” baking dish.
- In a bowl combine almond flour, cacao powder, coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and sugar. Mix Well.
- In another bowl combine butter, eggs and milk. Whisk together.
- Pour liquid bowl into dry bowl and mix. Don’t over mix.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Remove from oven and insert a toothpick into the middle of the pan. If the toothpick is clean when removed then the brownies are done. Let cool before icing.
- In a small glass bowl combine chocolate chips and butter. Microwave for 1 minute. Stir well until completely smooth then spread evenly over brownies.
- Store in fridge *