Happy Sunday! I hope everyone’s had a great weekend.
I’ve been busy working on recipes for The goinggrainless eCookbook, but managed to sneak in a quick recipe for the blog (sorry there hasn’t been as many new recipes lately!). I was craving a sweet treat and figured you were too, so I threw together these Raw- Grainless Chocolate-Cherry Cookie Dough Bites with the odds n’ ends in my kitchen. They have a cherry cookie dough centre and are coated in dark chocolate. Best of all, they are gluten free, grain free, vegan and refined sugar free!
Chocolate-Cherry Cookie Dough Bites
Makes: 12-14 bites
1 can chickpeas, rinsed + patted dry
1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flaxseed + 2 tbsp water) * See Note
2 – 3 tsp maple syrup
1/2 cup dried cherries
2 tbsp coconut flour
1/8 tsp vanilla
Pinch himalayan salt
3/4 cup dark chocolate, melted
1 tsp coconut oil or unsalted butter
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
3 tbsp cacao powder
3 tbsp maple syrup
1. In a food processor blend together chickpeas, flax egg*, syrup, cherries, coconut flour, vanilla and salt. Blend for 1-2 minutes until all chickpea pieces are completely gone.
2. Roll into balls that are a heaping tablespoon in size, place on a baking sheet and in the freezer for 30 minutes.
3 a. Chocolate Option 1: Microwave chocolate and oil/butter in a small bowl for 1 minute. Remove and stir chocolate. Microwave for another 20-35 seconds as needs, but don’t over cook.
b. Chocolate option 2: Microwave coconut oil for 20 seconds. Remove and whisk in cacao powder and maple syrup
4. Remove cookie dough balls from freezer. Coat each in melted chocolate.
5. Place back on making sheet and back in freezer until chocolate has hardened. Store in fridge or freezer.
* To make a flax egg, whisk together ground flax seed and water in a small bowl. Let sit for 5 minutes before using as a replacement for a regular egg.