Raw Chocolate Mousse Cups with a Peanut Butter Crust
Yields: 1 dozen
Prep time: 20 minutes
Sit time: 1 hour
2 1/4 cups raw almonds
1/2 cup pitted dates
1/2 cup natural peanut butter, or nut butter of choice
Chocolate Mousse Filling:
3 well ripped avocados
2 tbsp cacao powder
4 tbsp maple syrup
1/4 tsp salt pink himalayan salt
1. Place almonds in a food processor. Blend on high for about 1 minute until most of the almonds are in small pieces.
2. Add in dates and peanut butter. Blend for 1-2 minutes.
3. Remove crust from food processor. Using hands form crust into a ball.
4. Separate ball into 12 equal pieces.
5. Take each crust piece and flatten with fingers into a muffin tin. The walls of the crust should fill 3/4 of the muffin tin.
6. Once each crust is in place put the muffin tin into the freezer while you make the filling.
7. Rinse out the food processor then add in avocados, cacao powder, maple syrup and salt.
8. Blend until completely smooth and fluff, approx. 1-2 minutes.
9. Remove crusts from freezer. Spoon the chocolate mousse into each crust filling to the top.
7. Place pies back in freezer and let chill for at least 1 hour before serving. Gently remove each crust with a knife. Keep refrigerated.