I was looking back on some of my old recipes and don’t know where the time has gone! At the same time, I can’t believe all that’s happened in only a year and four months. This is a recipe that I posted around this time last year. It still remains one of my favourites! It is grainless, gluten free, dairy free, paleo and nut free.
Repost: Febuaray 2015
The nice weather had me craving something really fresh. The coconut strips with pineapple salsa pair so well together for an easy meal that will have you feeling like its summer (we can wish, right?). It has so much flavour and yet it is so simple to make. If you are a traditional chicken-strip lover, I promise you won’t be missing grains after trying this recipe.
Coconut Crusted Chicken Strips with Pineapple Avocado Salsa
Chicken Strip Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts
½ cup coconut flour
1 egg (beaten)
1 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
1/2 tsp papricka
Salt to taste
1 tbsp avocado oil
Pineapple Avocado Salsa Ingredients:
1 cup pineapple (diced)
1 avocado (diced)
3 tbsp red onion (chopped)
2 tbsp cilantro (chopped)
½ tomato (chopped)
½ jalapeno (chopped)
½ fresh lime juice
1 tbsp avocado oil
1. Preheat oven to 400F and lightly grease baking sheet with oil.
2. Slice chicken strips into approx. ½ inch wide strips.
3 Use 3 medium size bowls, in one bowl add in coconut flour, in the second bowl the beaten egg and the third bowl shredded coconut, papricka and salt.
4.Take one chicken strip at a time, coat the strip in coconut flour, then egg and then shredded coconut. Then place on baking sheet.
5.Do this will all chicken strips.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes, flipping half way through.
7. In the meantime, make the Pineapple Avocado Salsa—Place pineapple in a food processor. Blend for just a couple of seconds, you don’t want it to be fully liquid, but most of the chunks should be broken up.
8. In a large mixing bowl combine all salsa ingredients. Mix well and set aside until the chicken strips are fully cooked.
9. Serve together.