Can you ever go wrong with chocolate and strawberries? I don’t think so! Strawberry season is here, so new strawberry recipes are a must! I’m typically a chocolate person when it comes to treats, but these Grainless Dark Chocolate Strawberry Cookies are the best of both worlds – chocolatey and fruity! They are gluten free, dairy free, paleo, vegan and refined sugar free.
Dark Chocolate Strawberry Cookies Recipe
Yields: 2 dozen
Preptime: 15 minutes
Cooktime: 12 minutes
2 1/4 cup almond flour
1 1/2 cup tapioca flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
1/2 cup butter or coconut oil, room temperature
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 egg or flaxegg
1 tbsp vanilla
1 heaping cup strawberries, chopped
1/2 cup chocolate chips or cacao nibs
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine flours, baking soda and salt.
3. In a small mixing bowl combine butter, maple syrup, egg and vanilla.
4. Pour small liquids bowl into large dry bowl.
5. Fully mix, but don’t over mix.
6. Add in strawberries and chocolate chips. Lightly stir until they are equally dispersed throughout the dough.
7. Using hands make cookies into balls that are approximately 2 tablespoons of dough each. Place on baking sheet *These cookies don’t change shape so you will need to use your hands to shape into a cookie. **I find it easiest to work with dough by wetting hands with cold water as needed.
8. Bake for 11-13 minutes until the bottoms are golden. Let cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.