Whenever I’m having a bad day I make a new treat recipe. My last few weeks have been interesting to say the least with a lot of life changes going on, so last week I was feeling very inspired to hit the kitchen with a new summerly recipe!
I’ll be sharing these upcoming changes with you shortly and they’ve definitely turned into a positive for the most part. When one door closes, another one opens, right?!
For now, feast your eyes and hopefully stomach with these grainless lemon custard cups!
Grainless Lemon Custard Cups Recipe
Makes: 2 dozen
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 cups tapioca starch
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 2 eggs (or flax eggs)
- 1/2 cup ghee, butter or coconut oil (softened)
- 1-2 tbsp water (1 to start, add one more if needed)
Lemon Filling Ingredients:
- 4 eggs
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp tapioca starch
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease a mini muffin pan.
- In a mixing bowl combine all the crust ingredients. Press dough down with a fork until well combined. The dough should be dry, but still be able to roll into a ball.
- Line each muffin cup with the the crust dough, then bake for 8-10 minutes until they begin to turn golden.
- While the crust is baking, make the custard. Crack eggs and place them in a bowl to have ready.
- In a saucepan on medium heat, whisk together milk, maple syrup and tapioca starch. Allow milk to heat until bubbles begin forming around the pan. Stir occasionally to prevent clumping and burning.
- Slowly mix the milk mixture into the egg bowl. Whisk constantly.
- Return the mixture back to the stove top and continue whisking until the custard thickens. This will take about 5-7 minutes on medium-low. * Do not allow to boil. Stir in vanilla and lemon juice during the last couple minutes.
- Once thickened, place the custard in a bowl and refrigerate until cooled.
- Fill each pie crust with custard and top with raspberries.