Is #tacotuesday a national holiday yet? It’s Taco Tuesday without the grains! This Taco Chilli is ready in 30 minutes (or less) and you’ll have leftovers to last the rest of the week. Best of all this recipe is gluten free and vegan!
With my new website I plan on writing more of a intro for each of my recipes, but a busy week calls for shorter captions…so here’s to next week!
- 1 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can lentils
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can black beans
- 1/4 cup pickled or fresh jalapeño peppers
- 2 cups salsa
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 fresh lime, squeezed
- 1/2 cup corn (I didn’t use but would be another good addition)
- Avocado or guacamole
- Plain greek yogurt or cashew cream
- Cheese (I didn’t use but would be another good addition)
- Heat a large skillet on the stove top with oil. Add in onions and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes until the onion begins to turn transparent.
- Add in all other chilli ingredients. Bring to a boil them let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve in a bowl with your favourite toppings! Stores well in the fridge for up to a week. It also freezes well too!