What happens when you combine the best two foods together? You get grainless taco pizza for #tacotuesday! Loved collabing with my galpal, Rachael Molenda on this one!
- 3/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup ground flax
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of sea salt
(feel free to skip this and use organic ground chicken, turkey or beef)
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 tsp tamari
- 1.5 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 3/4 cup goat cheddar
- 5-7 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 green pepper, sliced
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 3 tbsp cilantro, chopped
(feel free to simply place sliced avocado on top)
- 1 avocado
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Line a pizza stone or baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add hemp, flax seed and tapioca starch to a food processor. Pulse a few times until most of the hemp pieces are gone.
- In a mixing bowl, combine hemp seed, flax seed and tapioca starch. Mix well, then stir in eggs, apple cider vinegar and baking soda.
- Roll the dough into a ball with our hands and place it in the centre of the pizza stone. Flatten and shape the dough with your hands. *Note* Wetting your hands with cold water makes it easier to work with. Bake for 10 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, prepare the walnut meat or your preferred protein alternative. Place all walnut meat ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until crumbly (don’t pulse for too long, or else it will turn into butter!)
- Remove the crust from the oven, then spread salsa on as a flat layer for the sauce. Top with goat cheddar, then add tomatoes, green pepper, jalapeño, black beans and walnut meat. Place back in the oven for 12-15 minutes until the crust begins to turn golden.
- To make the avocado drizzle, add all ingredients to a food processor. Blend until smooth. Alternatively, simply slice avocado and lay pieces on top of pizza.
- When the pizza is done baking, add cilantro and pipe avocado drizzle on top or lay the avocado slices on top at this time.