This is the perfect light meal to start 2016 off right! You can still eat healthy and have a savoury meal while you’re at it. Zucchini makes a great substitute for normal noodles. If you haven’t tired zucchini noodles before I highly recommend it. They have a similar texture to normal noodles and pick up the taste of whatever they are paired with. This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, grain free, nut free, soy free and refined sugar free.
Grainless Zucchini Lasagna Casserole Recipe
2 1/2 cups marinara sauce – find my homemade sauce recipe HERE
1 tbsp dried basil
1 tbsp dried oregano
1 lb ground turkey, fully cooked
4 large zucchinis
1 cup mozzarella (or sub with nutritional yeast or vegan cheese)
3/4 cup ricotta (optional- I opted out)
Bunch of basil
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a mixing bowl combine marinara sauce, basil, oregano and ground turkey.
3. Slice zucchini into think round pieces.
4. Coat the bottom of a large casserole dish with marinara sauce, then layer zucchini, more sauce and a thin layer of cheese on top. Repeat for several layers until all ingredients are used up.
5. Bake for approx. 20 minutes until the cheese and sauce are bubbling.
6. Let cool for 15 minutes before serving and top of fresh basil.