Chocolate, peanut butter & strawberry jalapeno jelly…do I really need to say anymore? PB cups are one of my favourite treats because they are simple to make and only contain a few everyday ingredients.
What makes these cups extra special is D’Evereux Foods Strawberry Jalapeño Jelly (which was in the The Oprah Magazine Oprah’s Favorite Things 2015!)– IT’S TO DIE FOR!!! I’m actually obsessed with all of their products, from their Fermenté Pepper Sauces to their Jellys, I can’t even pick which I like best!
Make this recipe with any nut or seed butter + jelly combo for the ultimate sweet treat! I store mine in the freezer to grab whenever I have a sweet tooth craving.
PB & J Cup Recipe
Chocolate Outside Ingredients:
Option 1:1 cup dark chocolate chips
Option 2: Healthier alternative
1 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup cacao powder
4 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla
PB & J Centre Ingredients:
1/2 cup natural peanut butter (or almond butter, sun butter, etc.)
1/4 cup arrowroot powder or tapioca starch
1/2 cup jelly
1. Using a glass bowl microwave chocolate chips for 50-60 seconds. Do not over heat. Remove and stir chocolate with a spoon until fully melted.
1. Using a glass bowl heat coconut oil for 35-40 seconds until melted. Remove and whisk in in cacao powder, maple syrup and vanilla.
2. Line a muffin tin with paper cups. Spoon a small amount of chocolate to the bottom of each cup, use enough chocolate to cover the bottom. Repeat in all cups.
3. In a small bowl combine peanut butter and arrowroot powder. Mix until smooth.
4.Take a 1/2 tbsp of peanut butter and drop it in the middle of each muffin cup. Flatten peanut butter with spoon as needed.
5. Layer the jelly 1/2 tbsp of jelly on top of the peanut butter.
6. Spoon the remaining melted chocolate on top of the peanut butter and jelly layers to fully cover the sides and top of the cups.
7.Place in freezer for 20 minutes to harden chocolate before serving. Store in fridge of freezer.