- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 7 basil leaves, chopped
- 1 1/4 dairy free shreds (I use Diaya) or mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce or tomato sauce
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a donut pan well with avocado or olive oil.
- Sprinkle pepper, tomato, mushroom, onion and basil to cover the bottle of the donut pan, then add a layer of cheese and sauce.
- In a mixing bowl combine the flours and baking soda then mix in the remaining ingredients. Spoon dough into the pan filling to the top.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes until the sauce begins bubbling out of the pan and the dough is golden. Let cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes. Use a knife to gently losen the dough from the pan and prevent the toppings from falling off. Some will fall off but scoop them back on. *As mentioned in the photos above, the other option is assemble like a regular pizza with the crust on the bottom. I just like how the toppings and cheese melt together when made upside down. Enjoy right away or store in the fridge.