It’s been awhile since I’ve shared a new recipe but before I do, I wanted to give a little life update.
2018 is the fresh start I’ve been needing. Normally, I would say don’t wait until a new year for a fresh start, but in my case that’s how it worked out. January 3 was moving day!
6 months, 1 sublet, temporarily moving in with my parents.
Countless nights spent in hotels/crashing at friends places.
Over 25,000 kms and hundreds of hours driving back and forth.
Getting a place then it burning down 10 days before move in.
Most of my belongings packed away in boxes for half a year.
It’s an understatement to say I couldn’t be happier to finally be moved in and officially HOME.
That’s right – I’m back in Toronto after a very restless 6 months.
The last while has been a challenge and transitional time in my life. It’s left me feeling so grateful for so many things, especiallyfor the people who have been with me every step of the way. I could not be happier and more thankful <3
(The photo above isn’t my new home because I don’t have photo of myself there just yet, but that’s coming! Once everything is in order, I’ll have a post up giving a tour.)
So, now that my life is in order again, I’m back on the meal prep train. Here’s what a whipped up this week to enjoy as the days get a hectic.
Healthy eating isn’t hard, but it does require planning. Take a few hours out of your day to plan, shop + prep. It will save ton of time during the week ahead!
Spinach Chicken Stuffed Peppers
Caramelized Brussels sprouts with turkey bacon
Hard boiled eggs
Chia pudding – matcha, vanilla cinnamon and salted cacao tahini
Cut up lemon to easy add to water
I’ll me sharing a couple of these recipes this week! First up, is the Spinach Chicken Stuffed Peppers with Lemon Garlic Tahini Sauce.
Spinach Chicken Stuffed Peppers Recipe
Makes: 4-6 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 3 bell peppers, wasted, cut in half and cleaned out
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup steamed spinach
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 tp basil
- 1 tsp parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place peppers in a baking dish, inside facing up.
- In a large bowl combine chicken, apple cider vinigar, onion, spinach, mushrooms, sage, basil parsley, salt and pepper.
- Fill each pepper half with chicken mixture.
- Baking for 30-35 minutes until peppers begin to soften and chicken is cooked all the way through.
Lemon Garlic Tahini Sauce Recipe
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 2-3 tbsp water (depending on how thick you want it)
- In a small bowl or food processor mix together all ingredients.
- Serve on top of stuffed peppers.