Where has the time gone?! It’s hard to believe that Christmas is just over a week away! Lately, I’ve been reflecting on 2017, it’s definitely been an transitional one with many lessons, changes and opportunities. Even with all the ups and downs I’ve been feeling extra grateful lately!
A couple weeks ago, I had the chance to hangout with thefeedfeed & Vitamix at The Tempered Room in Toronto. They gathered a group of Toronto’s biggest foodies to wine and dine through a five-course dinner, and OH MAN was it ever delish. From the roasted beet salad, to the house smoked trout and glazed duck – I was shocked that all the dishes served included Vitamix’s Winter Spice Seasoning. I didn’t realize how versatile it is and it got me excited to give it a try myself.
If anyone is wondering what the Winter Spice Seasoning is – it’s not a special spice you need to buy. You blend it yourself using all the most festive spices like nutmeg and cinnamon. You can check out the recipe HERE.
Ever since getting my Vitamix, I’ve been OBSESSED! Mine’s the A3500).
I’ve never owned a blender before and always got by using a food processor and magic bullet. It’s safe to say I no longer need those appliances anymore. Living in a condo with limited space, I love when a single appliance can be be used to replace multiple others! TBH my fave feature is the def self-cleaning option. So far I’ve made Sweet Potato Ginger Soup, Joyous Heath Chickpea Burgers and now Winter Spiced Brownies!
Now just before I get into the recipe – did you know I also edit the Grain Free Baking feed for thefeedfeed?! Each month I curate a list of my favourite grain free baked goods online so you can easy access amazing recipes! Think bread, bagels, cookies, cakes and more!
Check out the Grain Free Baking Feed HERE.
OK, now it’s recipe time!
Grainless Winter Spiced Fudge Brownies
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, softened or melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup cane sugar
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp tapioca starch
- 2 tbsp Vitamix Holiday Spice Seasoning
- Optional: sprinkles, chocolate chips, candy cane pieces
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease an 8″ x 8″ glass baking dish with butter or oil.
- Place eggs, butter, vanilla and cane sugar into a Vitamix blender and secure lid. Blend on low for 15 seconds.
- Add in cacao powder, almond flour, tapioca and Vitamix Holiday Spice Seasoning.
- Blend for another 20-30 seconds or until well mixed
- Pour batter into baking dish. (Optional: Top with sprinkles, chocolate chips and candy cane pieces.)
- Bake 17-20 minutes until the centre is fully cooked. Let cool and enjoy!